Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thing #15: Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events

I can't believe the timing of these "Things."  Just today I was busy signing up for and making up my
Itinerary for the National Library Association 2011 Conference.  I have been in the library society for just over one year now, but this will be my first major conference.  I have attended other all day seminars, but never one like this. 
Therefore, YES!  I am very nervous, but I am really going to focus on meeting new people.  I want to socialize and meet people that are interested in the same topics as myself and that I can learn from.  I would consider myself an introvert, so this will be challenging in itself. 
I have never been a speaker at any conferences, and I do fall in the category of being most of afraid of Public Speaking.  I don't think that I will be planning on organising any events to speak at, but I am definetely excited for the National Library Association 2011 Conference!  I will be using the advice from the section labeled "Making the Most". 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah - Be sure to stop by the Nebraska Library Commission booth and introduce yourself. I know several of us who are involved in the Nebraska Learns 2.0 program will be there at least some of the time. We'd love to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete