Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thing #6 and #7:

This is all very interesting!  I liked all the information given on Linkedin and have considered creating an account, but I don't think I will.  From a professional stand point yes it is lovely, but I feel that in my postion here at the library, that I make professional connection in other ways that are working and I like.

Facebook obviously, yes I have a facebook account, and who doesn't?  Oh well I guess I can answer that with a lot of people I know don't have Facebook accounts, imagine that, but it's true.  Facebook is nice I can keep up with friends and family, but I am still very aware of the things I post. 

I will keep in mind the LISNPN, but I feel that the LAT and the CILIP is not up my alley.  It's great that there are so many ways to network with people who share your same intrests and professional positions, but don't we have enough passwords and logins as it is? 

The LISNPN is very appealing though because I am new to my position here in the library.  I have been here for alomost one year and love it, so I am definetely keeping the LISNPN on my list of things to do.

Oh, and on my last note, Google +  I am hurt!  I wanted to be an invited guests, because I love everything that Google does, I was not though, but I am and will be keeping my eyes and ears open!

Thing #7:  Face to Face Networking:
I am an INTROVERT!  There I said it!  I think a lot of people are.  The most popular fear among people is public speaking.  I have to admit I am not really good at networking.  I can see the professional gain from networking and think that it is a wonderful tool that must be used, but that doesn't make it any easier.  I do feel that I get a lot more out of small group work sessions.  I feel that large meetings or conventions can be overwhelming and lose my interest.  I am adding the book "Networking for people who hate Networking"  to my reading list though.  This could be of great assistance!

1 comment:

  1. I started following the blog Quiet: The Power of Introverts (http://www.thepowerofintroverts.com/). I've fallen behind on reading it, but I love that it exists! Very empowering!

    ReplyDelete