Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thing #3: Consider your personal brand

Aaaaaaaa, personal branding!  I love trying.......attempting to find myself on Google!  With a name like Sarah Brown, there are millions of us!  Sarah Joy Brown is an actress on General Hosptial, As the world Turns, Cold Case, Without a Trace......and the list goes on.  What a presence!  HAHA!  If I localize my search a little more to my hometown, I still come up with a 73 year old woman in my home town.  I am not 73 years old or anywhere near close to this age, but about the third one down is officially me!  It shows my position here at Northeast Community College Library and contact information.  Thumbs up to this!  The next thing that shows up is not my personal facebook page, but the very active facebook page which I have created for the Library, and last but not least my graduating highschool class alumi shows up.  Overall I think that my image online shows some wonderful achievements, but is very much in connection with a professional image.

I am not to keen about using a photograph online of myself, but I definetely see the positive side to doing so.  I really like the idea of branding myself in a way though.  Instead of posting pictures of myself all over the place, I need to stick with certain color schemes or a certain character like the penguin.  (very cute by the way)

Overall Great Thing #3 and always a good reminder to keep up on your own identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment